Thursday, October 20, 2011

A little Baby Bunting

I've mentioned before that I love to crochet.  I learned in a girl's group as a kid...probably around 10 or 11 years old.  The women in the group showed us very basic stitches and I was so excited.  My mom helped me learn how to correctly hold the yarn and hook and off I went......  I made potholders and pillows and shawls and ....  The skill was especially handy when I was in my Little House on the Prairie stage.  It felt like something Laura would do. 

I love the process of crocheting...however....I need the project to grow quickly or I get "sidetracked".  (as evidenced by the totes of partially finished projects and left over balls of yarn in my craft room)  Every single time someone I know announces a pregnancy, I have grand ideas and plans for baby afgans....and I have 
made a bunch.  My new love, though, is the baby bunting:

A cozy little cocoon of crocheted goodness....all the love of a blanket with a much faster progression.  I've used patterns.  I've made my own.  It is a sack...in the very brass tacks of construction and one can use any number of stitches to create said sack.  Enter:  my next new favorite thing.

 To say that I love this book would be a gross misrepresentation.  I LOVE THIS BOOK.  I checked it out at the library, somewhat half-heartedly as I have something similar tucked away somewhere in my crafting storage.  Then....I fell DEEPLY in love.  I love the stitches, I love the way the book is set up, I love the diagrams.....I LOVE THIS BOOK so much that I renewed it several times and then just broke down and bought it.

And I have not once, regretted this purchase!!!  Excuse me....I need to go swoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment