Sunday, May 1, 2011

Finally.....

They have been delivered!!

Wow, that makes it sound like I am announcing the birth of long awaited babies....but this news isn't quite that exciting....

Remember when I mentioned that I was sewing pillows for my brother? Oh wait, while that has been a long project in real time, it has only been a post or two back in blog time :)

Well, I finished them and hand delivered them! C was thoroughly impressed. Actually, everyone was thoroughly impressed which does feel good for the ego, I must admit. C was very sweet, gave me a hug and thanked me for making him some cool pillows. That made my heart feel very happy!

You know what is funny?...the one I liked the least ended up being the one he liked the most! Anyway, without any further "ado".....here they are:

A quick close up of each one:
This was the first one and for a long time, I thought this might be the ONLY one. If you remember, it took me awhile to come up with this idea and I was so excited. Once it was complete, I sat down to start the next pillow and found that I was no longer inspired...I lost "that lovin' feeling".... (oh I crack myself up)
Remember this baby?

As I was saying, I lost all inspiration. It was as though the tree pillow used up all of my brain power. Finally..thankfully.. I came up with the idea for this next pillow. I thought it would be fun to add some "texture" into the project so I folded each strip in half, sewed along one edge and pressed the seam open, then wove the strips across each other and stitched them down. Right side, wrong side, raw edges and some weaving...ohh....creative! :) It still needed a little "somthin' somthin'" so I dug through my button box and miraculously found 4 that matched. With those added to the pillow top I turned my attention to the edges.
Hhmmm..yarn. Yep, I stitched the whole thing closed with some brown yarn and the blanket stitch. I think it is safe to say that texture has been accomplished!

I had come across this remnant of fuzzy faux fur and fell in love. It was a tiny remnant so whatever I made would have to be smallish. I debated about the manly factor...I certainly don't want to "gay up" (as my husband would say) my brother. He is not wanting to be a bachelor forever!! I really loved it and knew if I made a pillow for me, it would be trashed by my sugar babies in no time, so C got a fuzzy fur pillow. I am certain that he is manly enough to handle it!! When he has a girlfriend, he can blame it on me!! He tells her that I made it for him, that I'm crazy, yadda yadda yadda...he's good to go!


This one is my FAVORITE!! Can you pick up my love LOVE? I was digging around in the abandoned clothes pile (I am not quite a horder, but I like to hang on to some of the clothes that gets put in the "give away" pile.) and came across this long-sleeve tee. I didn't realize that Zac (my awesome hubby) had gotten rid of this shirt. It is sooo soft and cuddly and since that is what I had in mind for the next pillow...I cut it up! Then I hand stitched some torn strips onto the knit, added a layer of fleece and stuffed it until it was FULL....oh, I really wanted to keep this one. In fact, when I showed it to Zac he asked when I was going to make some pillow for us! He sure knows how to win my heart!

And that's it folks...Whew. I think I got a little wordy! Oh well, someday I'll look back and be thankful for all the little reminders about the nitty gritty on these pillows.

I really enjoyed making pillows and think that it might be time to make a couple for us!

1 comment:

  1. these pillows are great, I like the tree one the best. Thanks for linking up to Eat, Grow, Sew!

    ReplyDelete